Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Spelling Game

Quite a number of teachers have been asking me lately for ideas for Spelling games that they can use that are not just for a specific word list or for one group of students.

As you know I am a big believer in creating games and activities where the games themselves are kept relevantly simple and familiar. I do this so the students only have to process the new content as opposed to having to learn a new game and practice the content or skill.

I'm sharing today a game called Right or Wrong which is a sight/high frequency correct spelling identification game that can be played between 2 players. Feel free to adapt it for more than 2 players.

This one is so hot off the presses that it doesn't even appear on the Treasure for Teachers website yet!

I have a few more Spelling ideas to share soon using Superheroes and a Phonemic Awareness game targeting practice of initial, medial and final identification, deletion and substitution of cvc words too!

The website is almost ready and I'm really looking forward to the holidays!






abc button

No comments: